I met with my friends Hilary Hadden and Ashley Leland to get their perspective on the upcoming trends for 2016. If you don’t know who Event Rents is, you should. Event Rents is Colorado’s premier party rental provider. They have exceptional customer service, quality products and pay close attention to detail.
I love their basic beliefs, concepts, and attitudes – Pride. Perfection. Persistence.
Lets get started with their Top 10 Picks.
- Rustic Chic – not going anywhere, at least in Colorado. Perfect for a barn party dressed in elegance.
- Modern Industrial – think gunmetal chairs and tables, perfect for an industrial and urban party. I personally used this look at an art museum for a awards dinner.
- Patterns – substitute overlays for simplified but cool geometric patterned linens. This look is clean, modern, bold and bright in color. Perfect for a bridal shower, rehearsal dinner or back to the 80’s party.
- Texture – Think raised, embossed with an earthy, nature color, think textured leather. Where would you use this? Hmmmm, where wouldn’t you use this!
- Tufted pads for chiavari chairs – These silver, gold and white pads makes a chiavari chair look like a piece of furniture. Use these for a museum or elegant event, think city lights. I loved this new look.
- Tents – Clear top tents with dramatic draping inside with flooring. Elegant and luxurious look perfect for the bride that gets everything her heart desires.
- Flatware – The new Aria line is “gold brushed” and goes with almost everything. Currently very popular and will move nicely into 2016. Perfect for a rustic-chic, vintage, or urban party.
- Copper mugs – Perfect for a Moscow Mule. Support the locals and use Colorado Premium Vodka, which uses mountain spring water, which comes from melted snow.
- Small bites – Demi cups, oriental spoons and Lexington trays are still making their way into 2016. Think cocktail hour.
- Unique looks – Instead of using the runners in the typical horizontal direction, mix it up and go vertical using short runners. Not willing to stretch from the norm, try this technique – scrunch up runners on both sides of a flat runner to give this design a dimensional look.
We can’t let you go without a bonus, beautiful linen’s with texture and tones showcasing Pantones Colour of the Year for 2016. This year they announced two colours instead of one: Serenity and Rose Quartz.